Welcome to the J.A.M. Homepage!
Have you ever had a sudden moment of musical inspiration but was unable to recollect that piece you created? If so, J.A.M. is here to help! J.A.M. stands for Java Auto Music and is an app specially designed to help you with your musical creations. It is able to read a .wav file or recording to produce a complex musical sheet. Ready? Press the right arrow to start!
NOTE: This app is still a prototype and it has its limitations. It does not work well with human voice, for example. Limited testing revealed that certain instruments with purer frequencies worked better, like bass clarinet. We will try to continuously improve this app as time goes on!
About our Program
- On the next page, choose either Record or Open .wav to start the process.
- If you choose to analyze an existing .wav file, please make sure it's in mono 16-bit PCM format. Currently, our app does not support stereo. The output will not be accurate. Here are some demo files (right click and save as): C Scale 60bpm C Chromatic 60bpm Various Intervals 60bpm The Entertainer
- Make sure you know the BPM of the piece beforehand and set it in the metronome tab (right) with "Set Recording BPM" before you load the wav file. Same goes for live recordings. Use the metronome to make sure you are on beat!
- Either press stop to discontinue the recording or wait until the .wav has been fully processed.
- The music sheet will now appear in the gray area above the buttons. If you are interested in finding more information, you are welcome to look at the console below to understand more about each note's pitch and duration.
- Right click on the image of the sheet to save it to your computer. Or press the "Save Music" button to save (make sure to use .png extension)
- Press the right arrow to get started!